We are a people in the pursuit of making things with our hands & analog tools. Many of us enjoy it as a respite from our virtual worlds and digital displays. We shall share updates on our projects, craft resources, inspiration, & other news.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Does Super Mario wear socks?

I have always wanted to do a knitting or cross-stitch project using some kind of known pop-culture pixel art. I like handmade hobbies, because it is a nice respite from the usual computer thing I do all day. It reminds me how nice it is to take time with a special unique item, plus it is refreshing to create something tactile and memorable.

And while I'm at it, it's fun to play with irony of creating a digital look through analog medium (which I realize has been done before).

So I am attempting to create this Super-Mario-inspired image (pictured right) in cross-stitch form. While this image is still a work in progress, I had decided to change it so that the Mario and his friends have bare feet, with shoes to placed to the side.

However it raises the question, do Mario and his friends wear socks? And if so, what color socks does one wear with brown shoes, overalls and a red or green shirt? I checked eHow.com for an answer, but no Nintendo character is boring enough to wear khakis. What do you think? Socks or no? And what color?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home